4v4 Soccer Jamboree Rules
- Consist of a minimum four to a maximum of six players. There are no goalies.
- Adult Co-Ed division teams must have at least 1 female/1 male on the field at all times.
- Teams must check in at least 20 minutes before their first game.
- Player Liability Waivers must have been turned by check-in time.
- Teams must have matching color jerseys (numbers are not required).
- Alternate color jerseys are also highly recommended in the event of color conflict.
- Team listed as home team would need to change jersey color or wear pinnies (provided).
- Shin guards must be worn by all players.
- Socks must completely cover shin guards.
- Appropriate turf footwear (soccer cleats, sneakers) is required. No metal spikes allowed.
- No jewelry of any kind (earrings, necklaces, bracelets).
- No hard plastic or metal hair accessories (bows, clips, head bands, etc.).
- No casts
- The field size is approximately 40yds x 20yds.
- The goal size is approximately 4ft x 6ft.
- The goal box is approximately 2yds x 4 yds.
- The field is a synthetic turf surface.
- Grade 2: Size 3
- Grades 3 – 8: Size 4
- Grades 9 – 12: Size 5
- Adults: Size 5
- All age divisions will compete in a 4v4 format.
- All teams will play 3 games. There are no playoffs
- All games will be 25 minutes long.
- No official scores will be recorded.
- There is no halftime and therefore no switching ends.
- The clock will be a continuous running clock. No stoppage time.
START OF GAME:
- Winner of coin toss decides which end to attack.
- The clock will start with the sound of a double horn.
- If both teams are ready to go before the double horn, they may begin early and get the extra game time.
- Ball may move forward or backward.
- Kicker may not kick the ball a second time until another player touches the ball.
- Opponents must be 5 yards from the center mark.
- There are no offsides in 4v4.
- There are no penalty kicks.
- BALL OUT OF BOUNDS:
- Balls must be 100% over the line to be out.
- Any time the ball goes out of bounds, it results in a kick-in for the opposition. The opposing team must be 4 yards away on all kick-ins.
- If the ball goes out for a goal kick, the ball may be placed anywhere on the goal line.
- Goals cannot be scored directly from a kick-in or goal kick.
- FREE KICKS:
- All free kicks are direct.
- Defenders must be 4 yards away.
- If the free kick is closer than 4 yards from the edge of the goal box, then the defenders must stand on the line of the goal box.
- Kick-offs can go backward.
- A goal cannot be scored directly off a kick-off, therefore, it is indirect.
- GOAL BOX & VIOLATIONS:
- Players are not allowed to play the ball when it is in the goal box.
- If a defender plays the ball while in the goal box, the result is a penalty kick to be taken from half field.
- If an attacking player plays the ball in the goal box, it results in a free kick for the defending team. The free kick will be taken from the edge of the goal box.
- Free substitution any time the ball goes out of bounds, after a goal is scored, and/or any time there is a stoppage in play.
- There is no substitution allowed during running play.
END OF GAME:
- Games will end with the sound of a single horn.
- There are no referees for individual games.
- Players will call their own games.
- There will be a field marshall that will oversee 2 games simultaneously.
- Any player that receives a red card will be suspended from the rest of the jamboree.
PLAYERS, COACHES, & SPECTATORS:
- Only players and coaches are allowed on the main field.
- All parents/spectators must stay on the perimeter of the field.