The Wakefield Food Pantry remains open, with modifications.
The Pantry’s priority is and will continue to be ensuring residents have consistent, reliable access to food. But, we want to do this in the safest way possible given the spread of the coronavirus.
We are open:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
We have further changed our process for picking up food in order to keep our volunteers and guests safe and to help us deal with the increased volume of those visiting us.
Guests now have the choice of curbside delivery or to shop in the Pantry!
We are now offering our guests the option to shop in the pantry using safety protocols that include:
- Temperature checks
- Covid Safety Questionnaire
- Limited shopping to two at a time
- Social distancing within the pantry
If the guest does not meet requirements or does not want to go in pantry we will continue to offer the option of curbside delivery.
Process for guests:
- Guests are asked to enter the parking lot adjacent to the Americal Civic Center
- Guests should have their Wakefield Food Pantry ID card with them or register for one when they visit the pantry.
- A volunteer will greet each guest and ask if they prefer curbside delivery or to shop in the pantry.
- Numbers will be assigned and guests will be attended to in the order that they arrive.
- A volunteer will then either deliver food to the car or bring the guest in to shop.
Our goal is to ensure self-distancing among our guests and volunteers, minimizing the risk of infection and exposure in our community. Please be patient with us during this unprecedented time.
Please know that we appreciate all the donations the community is making to us to help those in need. At the Greater Boston Food Bank’s suggestion, we are quarantining this food for 24 hours before distributing it to our guests.