The Wakefield Food Pantry remains open, with modifications.
The Pantry’s priority is and will continue to be ensuring residents have consistent, reliable access to food. But, we want to do this in the safest way possible given the spread of the coronavirus.
We are open:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
We have further changed our process for picking up food in order to keep our volunteers and guests safe and to help us deal with the increased volume of those visiting us.
Curbside Service for Guests
- Guests are asked to remain in the parking lot adjacent to the Americal Civic Center
- A volunteer will greet each guest and ask if they are registered at the pantry
- If not, they will asked for ID proving Wakefield residence
- A volunteer will then deliver food to the car
- Food will be loaded preferably into the trunk or at least the back seat by the volunteer so as to comply with the 6-foot social distancing order
Our goal is to ensure self-distancing among our guests and volunteers, minimizing the risk of infection and exposure in our community. Please be patient with us during this unprecedented time.
Please know that we appreciate all the donations the community is making to us to help those in need. At the Greater Boston Food Bank’s suggestion, we are quarantining this food for 24 hours before distributing it to our guests.